SubmitLinkURL Web Directory

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Questions from clients and Answers


Happy New Year to all of you. I belief all of you had nice holidays.God Bless!It is 20912 and obvious we are around to help you stay on top of your game fashion wise. Most of my friends have been emailing asking about various questions which i now have taken time to answer.

Q: Jeans, we all love them, don't we? Thing is, I'm more on the leaner side here, and as much as they suit me, I think skinny jeans make me look, well, skinny! My favorite pair is a boot cut, but that can't be worn everywhere. What's your take on jeans for the thin & tall male specimen? 

A: This may come as a surprise, but the only thing making you look skinny is swimming in needlessly big boot cut jeans. You’ll be pleased to know, however, that a sea of silhouettes exists between baggy and barely there. We recommend the trusty old straight leg -- it never shows its age and works for every guy regardless of shape or size. 

Q: Most belts seem to be for either rockers/musicians or businessmen. What are the signs of a good casual belt?
 Credit: Macy'sIt’s true that denim-friendly belts can be hard to find. The good part is you only need two: 1) One in brown, roughly an inch-and-half wide; and 2) A D-ring ribbon belt in a color of your choice. And unless you own a ranch or a race-car track, buckles should always be simple. 

Q: What are your thoughts on why it's becoming so popular to wear a point or spread collar without a tie instead of a button-down? I feel like whenever I'm not wearing a tie, and I wear a shirt that isn't a button-down, it looks like I'm trying to do my best impression ofMiami Vice.   Credit: Macy's 

A: Perhaps that’s because you’re wearing your point-collar shirts with a white double-breasted suit and snakeskin loafers? Although there’s nothing wrong with a collar that’s bolted down, the British have long-known that the spread collar means business. It also happens to flatter every guy -- especially if you’re packing some extra pounds. It is even evident in the soccer just how fashion is on top of its game with every manager trying his level best to dress properly.

Q: I've always had a penchant for faux-hawks, more of a Ryan Seacrest kinda thing going on here. But I'm tired of it. Any suggestions?   Credit: Getty Images 
A: In case you haven’t noticed, even Seacrest swapped his old-fashioned faux-hawk for a more modern coif. Ironically, what’s considered hip hair these days is actually a throwback to a more gentlemanly time: a simple side part created with a water-based putty product and the best styling tool known to man: your hands

Q: I used to think dressing up in a black suit with a black tie  was the only way to wear a suit. Fast forward to the present, and now I have a few clothes I'm proud of. I don't have much, because well, not only am I unemployed but I'm also 17 years old, so its near damn impossible. Now that winter is coming up, where is a good place to find affordable scarves? 

A: Don’t worry, kid. Budget-conscious scarves abound. For warmer climes, look for cotton and linen ones long enough to layer loosely around the neck. Colder weather calls for super soft merino wool -- the poor man’s proxy for cashmere. On a side note, we’re glad to hear you’re heeding our advice at such an impressionable young age.

Q: I really like dressing formal, especially suits and all. The thing is, my tailor says the length of my coats should be equal to my sleeve, but i think its a little too long on the torso. What I want to know here is, how high from the fork should the coat be?   

A: Looks like your tailor is subscribing to an old rule of thumb: let the jacket journey to a point where your hands can cup the bottom. For suits made in this century, you just need to get the jacket to cover your ass.

2 comments:

Please leave a comment.